Phoenix is the capital of Arizona, a state located in the southwestern United States. Prized for its warm and sunny climate all year round, it includes a vast metropolitan area composed of several cities, nicknamed the Valley of the Sun. It is known for its high-end spas, Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses, and lively nightclubs.
TOP 10 activities around Phoenix:
- Musical Instrument Museum = Museum of Musical Instruments
- Desert Botanical Garden = Jardin Desert Botanique
- Heard Museum = Museum dedicated to North American Indian cultures, particularly those of the indigenous peoples of Arizona and the Colorado Plateau.
- Hall of Flame Fire Museum
- Hiking Trails around Phoenix
- Papago Park = Some activities around the airport, I recommend a short walk around the red mound formations in Papago Park, the famous Hole-in-the-Rock, or the possibility of fishing in seven hectares of lagoon.
- Phoenix Art Museum
- Phoenix Zoo
- South Mountain Park
- Street Art Phoenix
What is Street Art?
Street art is a phenomenon in Phoenix, especially in the artistic and eclectic downtown Phoenix neighborhood recently revitalized – which, in addition to beautiful murals, is home to more and more art galleries, bars, restaurants and record stores. Every first Friday of the month, make a stop at “First Friday” on Roosevelt Row.
“ARIZONA IS GORGEOUS. THE SUNSHINE IN ARIZONA IS GORGEOUS RED.” CECILIA BARTOLI
TOP 10 Bars in Phoenix
Phoenix is a city rich in bars & restaurants. There’s something for everyone. We’re going to see my top 10 bars/restaurants in Phoenix: $cheap | $ modern | $ expensive
- $ Roosevelt Avenue: The must-see neighborhood of downtown Phoenix, mixing bars, galleries and restaurants. All dotted with art and colorful streets.
- $ Floor 13 Rooftop Bar is located in the heart of Phoenix, this bar has an incredible view of the surrounding buildings. But this view at a price.
- $ Arizona Wilderness: Beer lovers, this bar is the one for you. This new open-air bar also offers you a full service accompanied by a long list of craft and unique beers. With of course local and typical Arizona ingredients.
- $ UnderTow: This bar is special because you need to be aware of its location being able to access it. There are no indicators of its presence. UnderTow is located in the basement of Sip Coffee & Beer in the Arcadia district of Phoenix. First enter and head to the stairs, where you’ll find a cocktail bar inspired by a turn-of-the-century matte ship.
- $ Breadfruit & Rum Bar: Located in the heart of downtown, enjoy modern and award-winning Jamaican cuisine, rum cocktails and for lovers, high-end cigars. The dishes on offer are concentrated around sustainable seafood, locally farmed meat and local organic products. The aim of this establishment is to defend both good nutrition and the use of sustainable practices such as zero waste, recycling, composting and support for local agriculture.
- $ Cobra Arcade Bar: As the name suggests, come and quench your thirst in a world of old-fashioned arcade machines and video games. You even have to play with authentic chips.
- $ Buffalo Chip Saloon & Steakhouse: Voted best country bar in Arizona. Even if you are not a fan of country music, this place has a huge outdoor space: Dance floor, live music, barbecue, mechanical bull… Oh and rodeos for those who unlike me enjoy this kind of show.
- $Charlie’s: This is the best gay and LGBTQ+ friendly bar in all of Phoenix. Live DJ, drag shows and nightclub are on the program.
- $ The Yard: Another reference of bars and restaurants with a presence in the chic neighborhoods of Phoenix and Tempe. The Yard offers a discreet atmosphere with live music and some typical American games.
- $ Maya Day & Nightclub: Here we are in the Old Town Scottsdale neighborhood, which touches Phoenix and is home to the District Bar Combo. This district is known for its nightlife and festive. Maya has a special concept and changes her skin twice a year. From September to April, these are outdoor garden games, a sports bar, a university bar or a discotheque. From May to August, it’s the perfect place to have fun by a pool.
Thank you for reading this article! Tell me in comment if you are ready to come and have a drink with me in the beautiful city of Phoenix.